In this digital era, most businesses require an online presence to go far. You’d be forgiven for assuming that the mere existence of a functional website would suffice to effectively propagate your services, however there are more factors to designing a successful website than one might think. Here are some examples of variables which can drastically alter the profitability of a website.
You want your website to be eye catching – to draw in clients and to make their viewing experience enjoyable. To evoke the best user experience, you must be mindful of the following:
- Text – size, colour, placement, volume, font
- Colours – brightness, variety, themes
- Images – relevance, placement, transparency, filter, size
- Navigation – size, placement, font, transparency, functions (e.g. sticky bar, etc.)
- Logo – relevance, representation of brand, size, colour, placement
- Call to action button – placement, prominence, colour, size
If you go onto a website which is aesthetically pleasing, efficiently displays what is on offer and is easy to navigate, then you’re far more likely to convert potential clients to invest in your products or services.
Ideally, you want to be able to inform your potential client swiftly and concisely what it is you have to offer and why they should choose you – what will they benefit? Here you need to ensure that you are detailed enough to give all the necessary information, yet succinct enough so as not to bore or overload the reader. Bold, snappy and energising terminology will help to keep the reader engaged – the words you use can dramatically influence the reader’s experience – choose language which your target audience will identify with.
While creating your website, you’re taking the aforementioned variables into account for what is essentially marketing purposes. The benefits of digital marketing strategies such as SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and PPC (Pay Per Click) are now widely acknowledged for the following effects:
- Increasing online visibility
- Improved conversion rates
- Content performance and lead generation
- Higher ROI from campaigns
- Improve outreach to target audience
Digital marketing has a plethora of areas to monitor such as implementation of keywords, regularity and relevance of content such as blogs, site traffic, conversion rates, etc.
To give your business the best chance of a successful online presence – be sure to make yourself familiar will all of these aspects or consult a web design agency in Cambridge who can take care of it for you.