Facebook has become an indispensable part of marketing strategy. Here are some key statistics to help you get the most out of the social media giant.
1. Facebook is a huge worldwide market.
With more than 2 billion monthly active users in March 2019, marketing efforts on the platform are well worth the effort. A variety of interests are likely represented among that many users.
2. Like and Share buttons are a powerful tool for social media marketing.
Users see these buttons on over 10 million websites across the globe every day. Like and Share buttons help keep viewers engaged after they leave your website and can attract new viewers to your site.
3. The most common age demographic is age 25 to 34.
This is a coveted group for social media marketing campaigns, and represents more than a quarter of all Facebook users.
4. Facebook users are more engaged in the evenings than during the day.
When scheduling social media posts, it’s a good idea to consider this statistic. Take note of time zone differences across the globe.
5. Morning is an active time for young Facebook users.
Half of all 15 to 24-year-olds check in first thing in the morning. You could post important content targeted to this age group during those hours.
6. Your competition is likely marketing on Facebook.
The platform is an important tool for 42% of marketers. With that much competition, you’ll want to post outstanding content that will grab users’ attention.
7. Facebook visits average 20 minutes.
Marketing should be designed to capture attention right away to make the most of this time frame. The visits are relatively brief but allow enough time to make an impact with the right content.